Christmas is a great time to enjoy with your family and friends. But gifts/presents and traveling cost a lot of money. If not careful, it can stretch your finances. Here are some ways to have a great Christmas with your loved ones without blowing your budget.
1. Make a Christmas List
Make a list of the things you would like to buy. Having that list will help you keep your spending on tract.
If you intend to buy family and friends gifts or presents, make a list of who you are buying for, what you want to buy, and how much it will cost. Buy in advance to take advantage of sales.
If you are traveling, make a list of costs like flights, car rentals, or hotels. Flights are usually one of the biggest travel cost, so shop around for the best deals. Save on travel at CheapOair.com. It has some of the best deals out there.
You Might Also Like:
2. Do a Budget
Cut back on your spending and see where your money goes. Doing that will help you spend less on non-necessary items.
3. Grow your Savings
Once you cut back on some things, grow your savings. The more money you can save, the more options you have for gifts and presents for family and friends. Plus the more money you save usually means you don’t have to rely on credit cards.
4. Keep Your spending On Tract
Keeping track of your spending is a good way to avoid going over your budget. See how to create a budget for more information.
Christmas is a time for love and happiness. Giving a hand to those who are less fortunate than you, can go a long way. Consider donating to a charity, a homeless shelter, items like clothes house supplies, food, etc. You could also volunteer your time as well.
Need To Make Easy Extra $500+/Month Taking Surveys?
Taking surveys in your spare time can be a great way to earn some extra cash fast. Check out:
- Ebates (Earn up to $40 cash back)
- PineCone Research (Earn minimum $3 per survey)
- InboxDollars ($5 sign up bonus – has paid its members so far $40 million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more.
- Global Test Market (Earn $10/hour – Best International Paid Survey Sites)
- YouGov (There is a registration bonus of $2 and you can easily earn $8 – $10 per hour.
- MySurvey ($2 Sign up bonus +You make $5 per survey.)
- MySoapBox. You can easily make $15/hour taking surveys. They even have a sign up bonus of $2.
You can make anywhere from $500 to $600+ per month taking surveys.
6. Find Things on Sale
You don’t have to buy gifts for your family and friends at full price. You can buy a lot of stuff with great quality at a reasonable price by shopping online. Things are often much cheaper online than in store.
7. Pay off travel debts
If you have money left over and have debts from a previous holiday, use some of that money to pay down your debt.
8. Prepare For Next Christmas
If you were less prepared this year for Christmas, there is always the next year. Here are two ideas to have a better Christmas for next year:
- Save. Open a High Yield Savings Accounts and contribute a small amount to it everyday starting in January. For example if you save 50 dollars a week for 52 weeks, you will have $2600 by December.
- Shop. Don’t wait until November or December to buy gifts. Shop throughout the year. This will help spread your costs
You Might Also Like: